Variation on the Word Sleep

Friday, September 24, 2004

Music Mix '03-'04

A friend asked me to make her a mix of good new music. I took it to heart and labored over a mix of the best new music of the last few years. I love making mix CDs. Here it is:

Now That's What I %#@^ing Call Music 1

1. The Hold Steady - Positive Jam
2. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Me and the Mia
3. The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
4. TV on the Radio - The Wrong Way
5. Califone - Michigan Girls
6. Pipas - Mental
7. Nouvelle Vague - Too Drunk to Fuck
8. Metric - Combat Baby
9. The Go! Team - Huddle Formation
10. Polysics - Hot Stuff
11. Pretty Girls Make Graves - Something Bigger, Something Brighter
12. The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
13. TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun
14. Cocorosie - Terrible Angels
15. The Good Life - (September) You're Not You
16. Softies - Sleep Away Your Troubles
17. TV on the Radio - Young Liars
18. Cocorosie - Not For Sale
19. Pretty Girls Make Graves - This is Our Emergency
20. The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
21. Iron & Wine - Passing Afternoons

I'm so happy, I think I'll listen to it again. The Arcade Fire have become an obsession. Funerals is definitely my favorite album of this year.
s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home