Variation on the Word Sleep

Friday, January 14, 2005

Why

I wish I could run into the person who broke into my car last night. I don't want to hurt them or anything I just kind of want to ask why?
It was 7 pm outside the triple rock. They first tried to go through the duct taped quarter window, but probably upon setting off the alarm they decided to break the passenger side window. They failed miserably at getting the stereo out, but managed to completely destroy it in the process. On the coldest night of the year they broke a passenger window and the stereo and didn't benefit in the slightest. Why?
The people at the Triple Rock were fantastic though. The person had hit several cars and the owner came out with duct tape, cardboard, and a plastic bag to rig something to get us home. I could laugh on the way back -- Julie desperately trying to hold onto the bag and cardboard which were flapping in the wind. She had to peek under them at every intersection to let me know if cars were coming. Laughter is in a sense the only option. What's done is done -- might as well enjoy yourself in the aftermath.
s.

2 Comments:

  • As a fellow survivor of senseless acts of car vandalism, I completely sympathize. It's amazing the increased need/desperation I've seen the past few days as the temperature has been falling...but given that they got nothing out of your car, all I can say is I'm sorry! :(

    By Blogger Maria, at January 14, 2005 at 9:04 AM  

  • Someone broke into my car and stole my waterproof jacket... on the hottest day we'd had in about 40 years.

    Another unsavoury character broke into my friend's car and stole a half eaten packet of biscuits. Savage.

    Sympathies for the loss and destruction!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 19, 2005 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home